TALBOT COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POLICY CODE- 11.9
EASTON, MD 1601
PUBLIC COMPLAINTS & APPEALS
The Talbot County Board of Education recognizes that situations may arise in the operation of the schools which are of concern to students, parents or the public. Such concerns are best addressed through communication with appropriate staff members and officers such as the faculty, the principals, the central office, and the Board.
A. The following guidelines are suggested as the proper procedure to be followed by persons
with questions or complaints:
1. Matters concerning individual students should first be addressed to the teacher.
2. Unsettled matters from (1) above or problems and questions concerning individual
schools should be directed to the principal of the school.
3. Unsettled matters from (2) above should be directed to the appropriate Central Office
4. Unsettled matters from (3) above or problems and questions concerning the school
should be directed to the Superintendent.
5. If the matter cannot be settled satisfactorily by the Superintendent, it should be brought to the Board of Education. Questions and comments submitted to the chairperson of the Board in letter form will be brought to the attention of the entire Board. (See Annotated Code of Maryland, Education Article, S4-205).
The Board considers it the obligation of employees of the schools to entertain the questions of parents or the public.
*Policy derived from Education Policies Service of the National Schools Boards Association.