TALBOT COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POLICY CODE 1.4
EASTON, MD 21601
SCHOOL SYSTEM GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
PROFILE OF A GRADUATE
The Talbot County Board of Education shall remain committed to becoming an outcomes-based educational organization dedicated to the following mission:
EACH STUDENT WILL LEARN, GROW, AND SUCCEED
I. In the spirit of this mission, the Talbot County Public Schools establishes the
following profile of a graduate. These characteristics are not the sole responsibility of
high schools. Rather, they are the product of educating the whole child throughout the
school experience (PK – 12).
A. A graduate of Talbot County Public Schools will have the academic skills, social
disposition, and personal confidence to:
1. Continue to learn throughout adult life, both in formal academic settings and in
personal pursuit of new knowledge and skills.
2. Contribute productively to the workforce, both independently and collaboratively,
demonstrating dependability, adaptability, and integrity.
3. Communicate effectively in a broad range of settings and purposes through the use
of appropriate oral, written and technological skills.
4. Participate in society as an informed citizen with a sense of responsibility and
service in a nation and world impacted by social, economic, and environmental
5. Respect individuals and groups of diverse cultural, religious, and ethic
backgrounds, while maintaining a sense of self and pride in one’s own heritage.
6. Assume responsibility for decisions regarding self, personal relationships,
finances, and health.
7. Solve problems through research and analysis of relevant information, and by the
application of creative and critical thinking.
8. Appreciate the arts in a well-rounded life, through performance, creative
expression, and aesthetic values.