TALBOT COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POLICY CODE- 9.13
EASTON, MD 21601
STUDENT FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES
I. The Board of Education believes that funding for basic instructional materials, equipment, and furniture should be provided through the local school system budget; however, there may be occasions when acceptable forms of fundraising may be necessary due to the financial constraint of the school system (see Policy Code 9.13-AR).
- II.Fundraising should take place only in response to an educational need and with a particular goal in mind.
- III.Fundraising should be in harmony with the Talbot County Public Schools’ Master Plan.
- IV.There should be proper guidance by administrators, teachers, and parents in both the planning and execution of all fundraising activities.
- V.Fundraising activities should be confined to non-instructional hours, with the exception of business related classes where the activity is part of the approved Course of Study.
- VI.It is the responsibility of the Superintendent to develop regulations which offer guidelines to schools and school related groups. Further, it is the responsibility of the School Manager to oversee the implementation of these guidelines.