TALBOT COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
POLICY CODE- 9.14
EASTON, MD 21601
The Board of Education of Talbot County Public Schools establishes a voluntary Interscholastic Athletic Program for students in grades 9 through 12, giving equal opportunity for participation. All students regardless of their age, creed or national origin are encouraged to participate as long as they meet the physical, academic, and other eligibility requirements as established by the Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association (MPSSAA). Bayside Conference and the Talbot County Board of Education.
I. The Talbot County Public Schools believes:
- Interscholastic Sports are a vital part of the total educational process.
- Interscholastic Sports develop wholesome attitudes.
- Interscholastic Sports develop positive human relationship skills and interpersonal relationships.
- Interscholastic Sports develop knowledge and developmental personal skills.
- Interscholastic Sports promote physical standards by requiring annual medical examinations, and maintaining high training standards.
- Interscholastic Sports must require students maintain high scholastic standards.
- Interscholastic Sports develop school citizenship for the individual consistent with respect for self and others interpersonal dignity and respect for property.