Sodexo's Cooking with Chef Mike
Cooking with Chef Mike is a monthly feature where students prepare recipes with Chef Mike in TCPS kitchens!
How to Cook a Holiday Turkey!
Check the latest video of Chef Mike from Sodexo showing us how to prepare a holiday turkey safely! Chef Mike and staff prepared and sliced turkeys for all the TCPS cafeterias, and turkey dinners were on the menu for all students! Follow along as he shares his tips and tricks for a delicious and safe meal. Happy holidays!
Separate, Don't Cross Contaminate!
Use separate cutting boards and plates for produce, meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs:
- Use one cutting board for fresh produce or other foods that won’t be cooked before they’re eaten, and another for raw meat, poultry, or seafood. Replace them when they are worn.
- Use separate plates and utensils for cooked and raw foods.
- Use hot, soapy water to thoroughly wash plates, utensils, and cutting boards that touched raw meat, poultry, seafood, eggs, or flour.
Keep certain types of food separate:
- In your shopping cart, separate raw meat, poultry, seafood, and eggs from other foods and place raw meat, poultry, and seafood packages in plastic bags if available. When you check out, place raw meat, poultry, and seafood in separate bags from other foods.
- Place raw meat, poultry, and seafood in containers or sealed leakproof plastic bags at home. Freeze them if you’re not planning to use them within a few days.
- In the fridge, keep eggs in their original carton and store them in the main compartment—not in the door.