Sodexo's Cooking with Chef Mike
Cooking with Chef Mike is a monthly feature where students prepare recipes with Chef Mike in TCPS kitchens!
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats*
- 1/2 cup milk whichever type you prefer
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For serving, optional: fresh fruit, sliced or slivered almonds, other nuts or nut butters, etc.
- Combine oats, milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a mason jar or bowl. Seal with a lid and shake to mix, or stir if using a bowl. (If making a larger batch, you can stir the ingredients together in a bowl.)
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours and up to 4 days. Stir and add toppings right before serving.
- Before serving stir and add any preferred toppings such as peanut butter, chia seeds, blueberries, yogurt, dried fruit, honey, almonds, banana, nuts, etc.