Sodexo's Cooking with Chef Mike
Cooking with Chef Mike is a monthly feature where students prepare recipes with Chef Mike in TCPS kitchens!
Watermelon Feta Salad
1 small watermelon
3 cups fresh mint
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
¼ cup red onion, diced
1 Cucumber seedless diced
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Using a knife, cut off the top and bottom of the watermelon to reveal the red flesh and create flat surfaces on both sides. Stand the watermelon upright, and slice off the remaining peel so only the red core remains.
- Cut the watermelon into roughly 1-inch (2 cm) cubes and transfer to a large bowl.
- Diced the onion and cucumber and add it to the bowl
- Add the mint, feta, and Balsamic vinegar, oil to the large bowl with the watermelon.
- Toss the salad until well-combined, then divide between serving bowls.