Each year, Talbot County Public Schools honors teachers and support staff through the Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year Program. This provides the opportunity to recognize outstanding educators who have innovative ideas, focus positive attention on education, and demonstrate superior commitment to students.
Any member of the community may nominate teachers or support staff for these prestigious awards. This year, four finalists have been selected from the nominations for both Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year.
TCPS is pleased to recognize these outstanding educators.
Teacher of the Year Finalists:
- Lauren Greer – Science, Biomedical Science and Project Lead the Way Teacher, St. Michaels Middle High School
- Kimberly Keech – 8th Grade Science Teacher, Easton Middle School
- Kathleen Kelly – 2nd Grade Teacher, Chapel District Elementary School
- Katherine Spies – Kindergarten Teacher, Easton Elementary School
Support Staff of the Year Finalists:
- Heather Goddard – Instructional Assistant, Special Education, St. Michaels Middle High School
- Ayonna Hayman – Instructional Assistant, Media, St. Michaels Elementary School
- Berenice Orellana – School Interpreter, Easton High Schoo
- Rebecca Shaw – Instructional Assistant, Kindergarten, Chapel District Elementary
“In a year filled with so many challenges for our students and educators, this recognition is especially significant,” said Dr. Kelly Griffith, Superintendent. “Every member of the TCPS Team has gone above and beyond to continue to inspire our students, even during these unprecedented times. I congratulate all of these amazing individuals on this well-deserved honor.
The 2021-2022 Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the year winners will be announced on April 1, 2021.