TCPS presented a draft calendar for the 2022-23 school year at the November Board of Education meeting. TCPS Administration is taking feedback on the proposed calendar until December 8, 2021. Use the following link to view the proposed calendar and leave feedback: https://tcpsforms.org/view.php?id=50453
The 2022-2023 calendar models the approved 2021-2022 calendar with the following key points:
- The first day of school for all students is August 29, 2022. All teachers report on August 18.
- November 8 – Election Day. All schools will be open except Easton High and St. Michaels Middle High. Those buildings will be closed for students, and there will be virtual learning for EHS and SMMHS students ONLY.
- Four inclement weather days are built into the calendar.
- If all of the inclement weather days are used, the last day of school for students will be June 13 and the last day for staff will be June 14. If none of the inclement weather days are used, the last day for students will be June 8 and staff will finish on June 9.
- January 20 (Transition Day) and February 20 (President’s Day) are potential make-up days for inclement weather. In order to use President’s Day in this way, TCPS would need to obtain a waiver from the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Based on prior feedback, the draft calendar reflects continuing the full week Spring Break from April 3 – April 10.
- St. Michaels Middle High School Graduation will take place on May 31, 2023. Easton High Graduation will be on June 1, 2023.
“Comments from our community in the coming weeks will be taken into consideration, and the final calendar will be presented to the Board of Education for their approval at their December 15 meeting,” said Dr. Helga Einhorn, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction.